As we stow away our career fair banners and marketing materials, our company reflects back on our recruiting efforts from spring 2016. Both recruiters targeted 20 schools in the South scouting top talent for our Atlanta, Dallas and Nashville branches. Throughout the recruiting season, our team spent time on college campuses participating in career fairs, class visits and club meetings. We had the opportunity to sit on the panels of sales competitions and were able to share our insight about the industry. Much of our time was spent interviewing students to produce an amazing class of new hires starting this month through August.
Spending less time on the road traveling from college to college, we settle back into our offices and start the preparation for fall 2016 recruiting season. Our Corporate Recruiting Team would like to share a few thoughts from the road as well as what you can expect for the future!
Highlights from Spring 2016
This week we welcomed new members to the IDR family and will continue to do so through the coming months. We have students from a variety of schools joining us! Schools include small state schools to large universities. Our team made first impressions at the University of Oklahoma and Georgia College and State University – and made hires at both! We continued our sponsorship with the University of Alabama Sales Program.
Sneak Peek for Fall 2016
We are relentlessly working on solidifying the Fall 2016 career fair calendar. We encourage students to stay tuned as IDR appearances and attendances will be disclosed in the coming months. Where can you expect to find IDR in the fall season? Count us in for the list below:
- The University of Alabama
- Auburn University
- University of Tennessee
- The University of South Carolina
- Middle Tennessee State University
- Texas A&M
- Texas Tech University
- Baylor University
- The University of Arkansas
As you prepare for your transition from college to career, we encourage you to utilize your schools resources and recruiters like us! Today we leave you with outstanding insight and thoughts from the road that should not be forgotten during your journey:
- You can never be overdressed or overeducated: Make a great first impression. Dress the part. Do your research. Maximize your experience and come prepared. Avoid asking questions that can be answered by one visit to our website.
- Communication is key: Set yourself apart. Do not regurgitate a basic answer from memory. Follow up with the team whom you interviewed or spoke with. Bring more than one copy of your resume to a career fair or meeting (and please make sure it is not creased). Never text your potential employer, unless otherwise stated. Even then, steer with caution.
- Inhale Confidence-Exhale Doubt: Be your unique self. We want to know you. Relax. You’re judging us as much as we are judging you. Nerves are normal. Don’t allow fear or doubt to overshadow your confidence.
Make sure to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter for real time updates! Stay tuned for the complete Fall 2016 Career Fair Calendar. We hope to see you at your college or university! For questions, please contact one of our Corporate Recruiters.