A little over a year ago I made the decision to leave the small college town in Alabama I was living in and make the move to Nashville. Without having a job lined up or knowing hardly anyone in this city, I never would have guessed that my career would be where it is today. With a type A personality, intensely competitive nature and a successful background in sales, I made the decision to go into staffing. It was the gritty and passionate team of people I met who shared the same ambitious goals as mine, however, that led me to join the IDR team. Over the past 13 months, I haven’t once let off the gas.
A career in sales is not an easy one, but the staffing industry is a whole different ballgame. It takes a certain type of individual to succeed in this business. During my year at IDR, I’ve definitely been faced with some challenges. Big ones. But those challenges have come with a rewarding outcome (and a six-figure income). To be successful in recruiting and sales you have to accept working more hours than most of your friends, sacrificing your personal life every now and then, and focusing all of your energy and effort on the team’s objective. Thankfully I am surrounded by team members who remain right there with me, giving it their all, and cheering each other on to ensure we achieve our goal. I’ve been pushed to my limits and tested in ways that other positions haven’t challenged me, but the personal and professional growth that’s come from all of my hard work has made it more than worth it.
If you asked me what keeps me coming back every day, you’d regret it, because I could go on and on. I love so much about this organization – the motivation we receive to challenge ourselves, the supportive and inspirational team that surrounds me, and the overwhelming potential for career growth that is ahead of me. However, there were some distinguishing factors that led me to choose IDR over any other staffing firm.
- We Believe in Developing True Leaders – IDR’s Leadership Development program has played a large part in the personal growth I’ve seen in myself over the past year. The books we’ve read and discussed as a team have uncovered strengths and weaknesses I didn’t realize I possessed, and faced me with questions I’d never asked myself. The answers to those questions have helped shaped the young professional I’ve transitioned into and learned to love.
- We Take Pride in Staying Healthy – It’s awesome to be part of a company that values fitness. Our weekly boot camps allow us to break up the long hours and bond as a team. IDR’s Corporate Athlete Program is just another example of how I’ve been challenged, but grown mentally and physically. Plus, having a paid-for personal trainer is a pretty sweet perk.
- We Promote Career Growth – Our goal is to have every new recruiter promoted within 3-6 months and into outside sales (Account Management) within the first year. What other entry level jobs allow for not just one, but two promotions in the first year?!
- We Encourage You to Open Your Own Branch – How many other companies can you say that for? I can’t name a single Fortune 1,000 company that allows a 3-year veteran to independently open a new office in the city of their choice. At IDR, we encourage it. This is one of the coolest advantages of being part of this company. Think it’d be cool to one day live in Miami? Chicago? Boston? Go for it. IDR will support you 100%. They’ll even foot the bill.
- We’re the Best – Literally. Our Clients and Consultants have voted, and IDR has been name ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing® award winners six consecutive years. Over 12,000 staffing firms were in the running for this award but less than 2% received the recognition.
We’re an ESOP – IDR’s Employee Stock Ownership Program is one of our biggest differentiators as there are only 11,000 in the U.S. Being an employee-owned company gives us more of an incentive to drive change and build our business, while fostering an ownership culture. You start earning company shares after 1 year, and after 3 years of working at IDR, you are fully vested. We get to share in the prosperity we help create! This sure makes our future retirement a lot more appealing!
Unlike some of IDR’s competitors, we allow you to earn commission from day one. We also offer a competitive base, uncapped commission, performance bonuses and an all-expense paid trip to Mexico through our Annual Sales and Recruiting contest. Our compensation is rewarded based on performance, and we firmly believe in hard work.
On top of high earnings and baller vacations, IDR is a flat organization. Our branch managers sit at a desk in the midst of all the fun, crazy, competitive chaos generated by the team. We also throw paid-for, out-of-office celebrations for every milestone of each teammate, including anniversaries and promotions (you do the math – that’s a lot of celebrating). Lastly, IDR has a seriously clear vision for what our organization will achieve in the coming years, as does each of its individuals. We strive to become legendary and be the best IT staffing firm the world has ever seen.
I told you not to ask what keeps me coming back. There are so many factors solidifying the fact that I made the right decision to join IDR and become part of the team that catapults our company to the next level. I love everything the company stands for and strives for, but mostly, I love the person that I’m becoming along the way.