With the long weekend upon us, we’ve decided to offer a few suggestions on how to make the most of that extra 24 hours. If you have travel plans, this is probably not for you. But if you’re staying close to home, consider these items:
- Work on that home project. What’s that thing that you’ve been wanting to do around the house but never seem to have the time to tackle? A new piece of furniture, DIY project, yard updates, organization system, etc. This is a great weekend to pick something to complete. You’ll leave the weekend feeling like you accomplished something (because you did).
- Reconnect. Who is that person that you’ve been meaning to connect with? A good friend that you haven’t seen in months. Make an effort this weekend to grab coffee together or have them over for dinner. You’ll both be glad you did.
- Be spontaneous. Invite some friends over for s’mores in the backyard one evening, take a day trip to a place you’ve never been, perform a random act of kindness and make someone’s day. Use your freedom to, well, be free.
- Rest. Don’t try to cram the weekend so full that you’re exhausted going into work on Tuesday. You will likely have a lot of options and/or invitations to parties and gatherings. Don’t say yes to everything. Pick a day right now when you can block out some time to just relax.
- Make the most of Monday. Use some time on Sunday (the day your normally do this) to plan for your week. Then be done with it. Don’t use Monday as prep time for Tuesday. Make it stress free by planning ahead.
This list is by no means exhaustive. These are just a some high-level things that we believe will help you maximize the holiday. Whatever you decide to do, we wish you a happy and safe Labor Day!