Last month, our Nashville office had the opportunity to volunteer with the American Heart Association. We stuffed goodie bags and set up for the Go Red For Women Luncheon. Go Red For Women is an initiative by the American Hear Association to empower women to take charge of their heart health! The event we helped with is one of many across the country to raise awareness and funds for battle heart disease.
Here are a few of the things we helped accomplish:
- Raised awareness for the number one killer of women today: heart disease.
- Hosted nearly 500 guests!
Leigh Anne Tuohy spoke to the attendees on having a heart of cheerful giving. There were additional speakers in breakout sessions who educated others on survival, loss, encouragement, and more!
- In the ballroom Friday, $60,000 was raised!
- Many companies and individuals who could not attend sent in checks after the event to support Go Red. These ranged from $100 to $5000!
- Thanks to generous in-kind donors and volunteer partners the event came in WAY under the projected budget. Total expenses were less than 5% of the net revenue
All of these combined bring The American Heart Association to a total for 2012 of… $600,000 NET!!!
Because of the combined efforts of many, Nashville ranks among the top Go Red For Women Luncheons in the country!
We are honored to have been a part of such an influential event and are excited to find more ways to get involved with this organization!