Return To Job List
Sr. Business Analyst (Healthcare)Location
: Coppell, TexasJob Category
: Business Analysis
We are looking for (2) Sr. Business Analysts in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area that are looking for a challenge. My client is a leader in the healthcare industry and the current BA team is looking to expand. This is a complex, enterprise level, and matrix-managed environment.
The projects vary from the implementation of vendor software systems, to the integration of multiple vendor systems with current architecture, to the development and deployment of custom software solutions. Additional value would be added if the BA can provide input regarding industry trends in business analysis and documentation, including leading efforts to improve the requirements management process. Candidates should be open to minimal travel (2-3 times per year) as projects may be implemented in remote locations.
Core Job Duties
- Work as a liaison among diverse stakeholders to gather and document business, functional and non-functional requirements via individual interviews and group sessions.
- Conduct business and/or functional gap analyses through a detailed understanding of the current and future business processes, and application systems.
- Write clear, concise and unambiguous requirements using Microsoft Word templates, including the identification of risks, assumptions, and definitions.
- Plan, own and direct all business analysis activities throughout all phases of a typical SDLC project, including identifying appropriate stakeholders, outlining requirements gathering techniques and deliverables, providing work estimates, prioritizing tasks, ensuring requirements approval and sign-off, and assessing the impact of changes to requirements.
- Support the project delivery team during design, construction and testing of the project.
- Facilitate UAT by providing guidance on creating test cases and coordinating tasks.
- 8+ years of BA experience required
- 5+ years with recent experience in the healthcare or pharmacy domain
- Knowledge of the health industry (payers), claims processing, and an understanding of data collection and transmission (EHR, EMR, HIE, HL7, etc.)
- Experience writing business and functional documentation
- Strong understanding of the SDLC in both Waterfall and Agile environments
- UML - experience with system, process, and data flow modeling
- Proficient writing user stories and/ or use cases
- Working knowledge of testing methodologies and/or experience in testing (black/white box, system integration, interface, etc.).
- 401k Options and Stock Options (We are an ESOP – Eligible once qualified)
- Full Health Benefits (BCBS – Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSA, and more)
- Paid Vacation/Discretionary Time Off options