Return To Job List
Senior Oracle/MySQL DBALocation
: Connecticut, CTJob Category
IDR has a brand new opening for a Senior Oracle/MySQL Database Engineer. This position is a 100% work from home role! If you are seeking to join an industry-leading, enterprise-level organization, please apply today!
Responsibilities of the Senior Oracle/MySQL Database Engineer:
- Design and build new Database systems on-Prem and in Public Cloud (AWS)
- Perform installation, upgrade, patching, administration, troubleshooting of Oracle/MySQL systems
- Evaluate and implement new technologies, software products, conduct POC
- Produce required documentation, conduct formal presentations and training session
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation in various database aspects
- Proactively tune database systems to meet business SLAs
- Plan and implement effective backup/recovery and business continuity strategies
- Design, test, implement, and maintain high availability solutions
- Perform capacity planning for future systems, evaluate resource usage, such as storage, memory, CPU, and develop plans for future growth requirements
Requirements of the Senior Oracle/MySQL Database Engineer:
- 10+ year experience in overall Oracle database administration on Linux/Unix platforms
- 3+ year experience in MySQL installation, administration, backup, DR, including MySQL Clusters
- 10+ year experience in production support, resolution of complex operational and performance issues in OLTP and Data Warehouse environments.
- Strong experience in performance tuning
- 3+ in design and build of Oracle in Public Cloud: AWS. This includes a god knowledge of AWS portal, cli, cloud formation.
- Experience in large scale migration projects and enterprise – level databases
- 5+ year experience in physical database design, good knowledge of data modeling and logical database design concepts
What’s in it for you?
- Full Benefits! (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance)
- Excellent 401K Plan
- Ability to work for a well-established, industry-leading company
- 17+ Years of Proven Industry Experience in 3 major markets
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Dedicated Engagement Manager who is committed to you and your success
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Inavero's Best of Staffing® Client Award Winner for the Past 7 Years