Return To Job List
Labor & Delivery RNLocation
: Hickory, North CarolinaJob Category
Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery Role
Shift: 12 Nights
13 weeks + extension
What this role entails: Labor, delivery, recovery and post- partum and like candidates to have experience with them all!
- 2 years+ on labor and delivery unit
- BLS required
- PALS required
- NRP required
Summary: The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, implementing, and evaluating care for various patients within the facility. Reports directly to the Clinical Director of the unit. This position works in conjunction with other members of nursing service, ancillary services, physicians, patients, and families. It collaborates with various members of the healthcare team to ensure quality of care across the continuum. Requires the ability to be self-directed and quality focused. Interpersonal communication skills are a necessary function of this position.
• Collaborates in establishing the plan of care, coordinates and implements care delivery while anticipating patient care needs across the continuum.
• Analyzes comprehensive information pertinent to the patient's care and management to determine nursing diagnosis.
• Continually utilizes the nursing process to evaluate patient's progress towards goals and applies appropriate interventions to ensure effective outcomes.
• Employs strategies to promote health and a safe and healthy environment.
• The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.