Return To Job List
Director of AccountingLocation
: Brentwood, TennesseeJob Category
: Accounting / Finance
IDR is seeking a Director of Accounting to join one of our healthcare clients in the Nashville area. This role will start out remote, but preference is for local candidates.
Overview: This role will be responsible for reviewing timely account reconciliations, assisting with leading the month end close process including preparation of financial reports and analysis for senior leaders, review of sales, use, property, franchise, ecise tax returns, preparation of certain monthly account reconciliations and ad hoc project support of internal and parent company requests.
- In partnership with the VP, Accounting assist in the management and review of company functional accounting operations including General Ledger and account reconciliation oversight, Accounts Payable, Treasury Operations, Payroll, Taxes and month end reporting of financial results
- Reconcile and support the company’s self-funded insurance IBNR calculations and related reporting
- Leading each month’s close process, the timely preparation and review of month end balance sheet reconciliations, internal, parent company and external financial reporting and required tax reporting.
- Assist in supporting the recurring and adhoc analysis and reporting to our parent company
- Assist with technical accounting research and recommendations for internal application as required
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Comfortable working knowledge of accounting rules, regulations and adherence
- Comfortable asking questions to supervisors as needed
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail, problem solving and follow through
- Experience supervising staff and or leading team projects
- Experience with Sage Intacct valuable though not required
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now valuable though not required
- Highly proficient Excel power user
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Healthcare experience is a plus.