IDR is seeking a Windows System Administrator to join one of our clients for a contract opportunity in Denver, CO!
Position Overview for the Windows System Administrator:
• Plan, evaluate and apply server upgrades, patches and fixes.
• Provide support for Windows Active Directory.
• Handle server administration, configuration and installation issues with Windows 2008/2012 and VMWare vSphere Enterprise servers.
• Monitor, analyze and tune system for performance.
• Coordinate service level management and hardware maintenance/ installation.
• Troubleshoot hardware, software and network issues. Determine areas requiring maintenance, repairs and upgrades.
Required Skills for the Windows System Administrator:
• Experience with providing system administration in a Windows Enterprise environment is required.
• Working knowledge and experience working with Windows 2008 operating systems is required.
• Working knowledge and experience working with Windows 2012 operating systems is preferred.
• Working knowledge, administration, implementation and configuration of VMWare ESX server and Virtual Center is required.
• Experience in planning, designing, configuring, patching, tuning and troubleshooting servers within these environments is required.
• Strong scripting skills is preferred.
• Working knowledge and experience with IBM or comparable SAN attached storage is preferred.
• Experience with large-scale systems and Oracle/PeopleSoft 9.1 or higher environments is preferred.