Return To Job List
Senior Data EngineerLocation
: Sandy Springs, GeorgiaJob Category
: Development and Architecture
Senior Data Engineer
IDR’s largest client is seeking an Senior Data Engineer. This person will be responsible for Enterprise Data Organization, building and manageing data pipeline for an Azure cloud based data platform.
Responsibilities of Senior Data Engineer:
- Design, develop, and maintain reliable automated data solutions based on the identification, collection and evaluation of business requirements. Including data models, database objects, stored procedures and views.
- Creating and upgrading existing data processing (Data Ingest, Data Transformation, Data Store, Data Management, Data Quality) components
- Engage DBAs, Security, Storage and Networking when their involvement is required to meet the project needs.
- Support and troubleshoot the data environment and document techincal artifacts for developed solutions
Required Skills/Experience of the Senior Data Engineer:
- Familiar with Agile practices and methodologies
- 5+ years professional data engineering experience focused on batch and real time data pipelines using Spark, PySpark, Python, SQL, Java
- 8+ Years of hands-on design and development experience in data space: data processing / data transformation using ETL tools, data warehouse (data modeling, programming), RDBMS
- Exposure in Microsoft technologies - SSIS, SQL Server, SSRS
- Experience with a DevOps model utilizing a CI/CD tool
- BS in either Information Systems, Finance/Mathematics, or Computer Science or similar field