Return To Job List
: Lawrenceville, GeorgiaJob Category
: Development and Architecture
IDR’s client is seeking a Middleware/DevOps Engineer to join their team on a contract basis.
THIS PERSON WILL NEED TO BE LOCAL TO ATLANTA, GA
This position will be responsible for designing, building, delivering, and maintaining a highly scalable middleware DevOps pipeline set for consumer-facing applications, as well as helping to build a Next Generation Consumer Applications Suite.
Additional Responsibilities of the Middleware/DevOps Engineer include:
- Work as key contributor to an engineering team that builds and supports exceptional customer-facing products that provide innovative solutions to challenging business use cases, existing systems, and operational problems.
- Participate in architectural design, system analysis, and programming activities on application software
- Write highest quality middleware infrastructure automation code with utmost attention to scalability, security, and performance and with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery and production support, owning specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health.
- Produce complete, simple, and readable technical documentation for everything developed and maintains a team culture of documenting everything.
- Test and ensure the quality of all infrastructure & configuration management code that is developed in line with principles of test-driven development and continuous delivery, utilizing test automation frameworks wherever possible.
- Create infrastructure and application performance monitoring, capacity management, alerting, tools instrumentation, and metrics (KPI) management.
- Perform impact assessment of the product (hardware, software) upgrades, patching, and migration
Required Skills/Experience of the Middleware/DevOps Engineer include:
- In-depth knowledge of build and deployment automation technologies.
- 4 years of experience designing and developing secure consumer-facing products
- BS in computer science or equivalent technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Dev-Ops tool chains and deploying applications on Azure or similar cloud platform.