Return To Job List
: Brentwood, TennesseeJob Category
IDR is looking for a Network Engineer for one of our clients in the Nashville area who will be responsible for maintaining and administering computer networks. Your primary duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired. An ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to hit the ground running, assess our current network for best practices, identify issues, and propose and implement solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration(s); directing system installation(s); defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information, as well as, managing projects.
- Work with the IT team to grow our infrastructure and update and replace current systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with setup and maintenance of network hardware such as SonicWall and Ubiquiti Gateways, Cisco, HP, and Juniper switches. Meraki SD-WAN and Palo Alto preferred.
- Experience with virtual nics, switching, VLANS as related to VMware ESXi 5.5 and 6.0 environments.
- Network Performance Tuning using network tools such as Wireshark packet analyzer and PRTG element manager.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and monitor network traffic for congestion problems and improve efficiency.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications Network Design and Implementation.
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Education: 2 year degree in computer related field required. 4 year preferred
- Experience: 3 to 5 years managing enterprise network infrastructure.