Return To Job List
Senior Engineering ManagerLocation
: Tulsa, OklahomaJob Category
: All Other
Senior Engineering Manager
IDR is seeking all senior level electrical engineers OR mechanical engineers with an electrical engineering background. This positions will be full-time with competitive perks and benefits including a 9/80 schedule!
The Responsibilities of the Senior Engineering Manager will be as follows:
- Leading and directing experienced professionals, lower level supervisors, or associate managers.
- Communicating within and outside of organization to explain and influence changes to policies, practices, or approaches.
- Making significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Establishes short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results.
- Managing individual(s) typically consisting of experienced professionals or lower level supervisors or associate managers.
- Leads, directs and reviews the work of direct report(s) who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments. Has hiring, firing, promotion and compensation authority within own organization, in accordance with management review and approval.
- Work consists of making significant improvements of processes, systems, solutions, or products to enhance performance of job area. May develop new concepts or standards.
- Manages a team with focus on policy and strategy implementation. Establishes operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the job function. Focus is on short-term operational plans (e.g. less than 1 year).
- Ensures that engineering personnel thoroughly review and fully comprehend contractual specifications and that determination of design/manufacturing criterion, selection of materials, ILS requirements and testing is accurate, timely, cost-effective, and in compliance with specifications.
- Ensure that data and documentation released by the Engineering Department is accurate and in accordance with schedules and budgets, as applicable.
- Ensures that technical documentation for fabrication and assembly is consistent with the capabilities of available equipment and the abilities of personnel to produce in a cost-effective manner.
- Participate in the recruitment process (candidate interviews and evaluations) for additional engineers.
- Ensures the safety, quality, and reliability of all Engineered products.
- 10+ years of experience in electrical or mechanical design & development of products and programs; not R&D experience
- 5+ years of management experience – managing people and/or programs
- Experience with either power manufacturing (generators, circuit boards, panel boards, switchboards, load centers, etc.) or aerospace manufacturing
- Experience adhering to military and/or aerospace FAA standards during projects and programs
- Experience working on a government contract would be SUPER preferred, especially if with the Navy
** a degree in a relevant field of study and ability to submit to a rigorous background check are required for consideration**
For immediate consideration, send your email to email@example.com