Return To Job List
Surgery Surgical / First AssistantLocation
: Havasu, ArizonaJob Category
IDR is seeking a Surgical Assistant to permanently join one of our clients in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. The ideal candidate can successfully assist the surgeon and RN’s in operative procedures. If you are interested in kicking off your career with an exceptional healthcare employer, apply today!
Job Responsibilities for the Surgical Assistant:
- Selection and placement of surgical instruments, supplies, and equipment
- Scrub and provide instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies during procedure
- Perform duties related to the surgery unit within hospital policies and procedures
- Report incidents or patient/employee issues to the Registered Nurses
- Serve as a resource to staff and external contacts on issues related to orthopedic patient care, patient flow and clinical standards, policies and procedures.
Qualifications for the Surgical Assistant:
- Surgical/first assistant certification OR a minimum of 2 years' experience working as a Surgical Assistant if not certified
- Ability to obtain Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification within 30 days of hire
- Ability to work in stressful environment and take appropriate action
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
What’s in it for the Registered Nurse?
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits
- Sign on bonus!
- Monday- Friday Schedule