Return To Job List
Patient Connection Associate - AuthorizationLocation
: Atlanta, GeorgiaJob Category
: End User Support / Helpdesk
Medical Billing Specialist- Insurance Authorization
IDR’s client is a fast growing healthcare facility located in Athens is looking for an Insurance Authorization Specialist. In this position you will be at the forefront of providing quality patient care by obtaining Pre-certification and Authorization for patient appointments and surgeries.
- Contacts insurance companies and other third party payers to determine pre-certification, pre-authorization and/or medical necessity requirements for complex outpatient hospital services, and specialized procedures
- Answer phone calls, emails and information regarding patients medical history and scheduling of appointments with correct physicians and locations
- Utilizing quality customer service skills to be courteous to patients
- Utilize Microsoft Office and EHR systems to schedule patients in a timely manner
- Experience obtaining pre-certifications, authorizations and referrals to ensure managed care compliance through either direct contact, website, or insurance tool.
- Epic, Cerner or other EHR software experience
- Flexible Monday-Friday for 8-9 hour shift.
- Must have customer satisfaction focused personality
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Healthcare experience REQUIRED
- 20 Years of Proven Industry Experience in 3 major markets
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Dedicated Engagement Manager who is committed to you and your success
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® Client and Talent Award Winner 6 years in a row