1+ year contract
USC or GC
This Senior Project Manager (Sr. PM) position will be responsible for leading large complex projects that span multiple systems and business areas by planning delivery, organizing teams, managing scope, budget, and schedule.
This Senior Project Manager (Sr. PM) position will be responsible for leading large complex projects, or multiple medium size projects, that span multiple systems and business areas by planning delivery, organizing teams, managing scope, budget, and schedule, tracking progress, and reporting status of a Technology Services project. This role requires team leadership, business acumen, strong relationship management skills within IT and the Business and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. The Sr. PM will be involved with maturing project management methodology, policies, processes, tools and templates to contribute to successful delivery of the IT projects. The Sr. PM will be accountable for the delivery process in support of progress against our commitments.
• Facilitate all activities related to standing up and running a project from inception to closure; this includes, building a project charter, communicating resource requirements and ensuring proper governance among other activities
• Identify, monitor and manage project/program risks and issues in a timely and unbiased manner; follow governance standards for escalating to right levels at the right time
• Provide transparent reporting and metrics on project health (scope, schedule and budget), and support all communications related to project delivery process
• Lead, mentor, and support project team in your role as Agile PM (i.e., Scrum Master/Release Train Engineer); shield team from external distractions, run interference, etc.
• Collaborate with other functions (governance and change enablement) to ensure consistency, compliance and user adoptions
• Drive projects from both a tactical and strategic perspective, and work with other PMs to manage interdependencies
• Develop and manage project budgets - track, collate and analyze planned vs actual values for time and cost; take corrective/preventive actions as warranted
• Capture, publish and refresh project records (as appropriate), such as key decisions and action items, meeting minutes, risks and issues
• Working knowledge of IT infrastructure, systems integration and vendor management
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Proficient in utilizing productivity/collaboration tools (such as Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint)