Return To Job List
: Georgia;Georgia;GeorgiaJob Category
: All Other
IDR’s Atlanta-based client is looking for a GIS Technician to join their organization! This individual will be transforming data from multiple sources to create quality GIS mapping projects.
Responsibilities of GIS Technician Include:
- Creating GIS maps to be used as exhibits for land acquisition
- Manipulating and visualizing data from CAD, MicroStation, and other GIS data
- Plan, coordinate and support of simultaneous tasks and GIS projects
- Use geospatial data in the creation and production of GIS data and maps
- Producing update maps and study maps for projects
- 1 -2 years of experience with ArcGIS editing tools, shapefiles, personal/file geodatabases, geodatabase topology and editing in a SDE multi-user database.
- Extensive working knowledge of the ESRI ArcGIS desktop software suite and general GIS principles and concepts.
- Proficient cartographic skills
- Familiarity with querying databases and validating data
- Exceptional communication skills, organizational skills and project management skills
What’s In It for You?
- Join a flexible, friendly, laid back work environment
- Enjoy extremely competitive compensation and benefits package
- Enjoy true work/life balance
- Enjoy a long-term role with an extremely stable organization
- Advance your career by joining an organization that believes in promoting from within
- 20+ Years of Proven Industry Experience in 4 major markets
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Dedicated Engagement Manager who is committed to you and your success
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing® Client and Talent Award winner 6 years in a row