Everyone seems to hate Mondays and no amount of catchy motivational phrases can disguise the fact that Monday marks the end of the weekend and the beginning of a brand new week. Instead of grumbling about Monday use this list of 5 things you can do to get more out of your Monday:
- Get to the office 30 minutes earlier. Those thirty minutes of uninterrupted time can be very helpful to check email and get in a working frame of mind before most of your colleagues arrive at the office.
- Prioritize first thing. It can be easy to sit down and be overwhelmed with all that you need to do and dive right in. Taking a few minutes to prioritize your day and as much of the week as you can will go a long way toward helping your Monday be as productive as possible.
- Clean your desk. It sounds trivial, but taking 5-10 minutes to clear off your desk and get organized can go a long way toward making your day more productive. Having that desk clean on Monday sets you up for a better week.
- Breathe. It can be easy to get overwhelmed on a Monday. Your boss or manager might be stressed to the max and take it out on you first thing or an unforeseen setback can set everyone on edge. Sit back, take a few deeps breaths and you will have a much more clear headed response.
- One thing at a time. Along with prioritizing your schedule is the need to do one task at a time, especially on Monday. Give each task your undivided attention and you will find that you accomplish more than if you try to do everything at the same time.
Those are our tips, how do you get the most of of Monday?